Monday 19 March 2012

It was all going so well....

By the end of last week (the third week of treatment) we had reached the stage of achieving one hour sessions without too much trouble although I still have to break after ten or fifteen minutes to go and empty my bladder (which fills up from empty at a remarkable rate)! The water seems to be being squeezed out of me.

Tuesday, though, was a bad day. I was very tired before we started, having worked through the afternoon of Monday in the shop. Long story and essentially my own fault but it did badly affect the treatment. It was a struggle right from the start and I found it very difficult to relax. Never mind, we'll know better in future.

This week there was a bit of a disaster, though. During last night my left ankle started feeling painful and this morning it was a full blown gout attack. I get these from time to time, especially if I get a bit dehydrated - so the squeezing out of the water may be having a deleterious effect on this. I must remember to drink lots of water at the end of each treaatment to restore the balance. As the ankle hurt like mad just resting, there was no chance of wrapping it and applying pressure to it, so we had to cancel treatment for today. This evening it is, if anything, even more sensitive - so sleep will be difficult and the chances of any treatment at all this week, let alone tomorrow, are pretty slim. Let's hope the cardiac situation doesn't go backwards in the interim.

No comments:

Post a Comment